Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Navjot Gulati SLAMS Maddock Films over delay of Pooja Meri Jaan release: “They don't care about the small films”

Filmmaker Navjot Gulati has alleged that his long-delayed film Pooja Meri Jaan remains unreleased due to ongoing pricing disagreements, revealing that his father’s last wish was to see the film before he passed away in 2024.

In an interview with Variety India, Gulati said his father repeatedly asked about the film’s release during the final months of his life. “He kept asking me ‘Kab aayegi teri Pooja’ and I kept telling him soon. But it was not to be,” Gulati shared, adding that his father died waiting for the film to see the light of day.

The director further claimed that the film’s co-producer, Amar Kaushik, has not responded to his calls or messages since October 2025. “I'm tired of calling and texting and yet not hearing back. The only reason I'm telling this to the world is because they refuse to have any sort of accountability,” he said.

According to Gulati, Pooja Meri Jaan has faced multiple postponements — first slated for 2024, then pushed to 2025, and now still awaiting release in February 2026. He stated that while a streaming platform has shown interest in acquiring the film, negotiations over pricing have continued for nine months without resolution, calling it an “unending cycle.”

The film was originally commissioned as an OTT release and was set to stream on JioCinema. However, after the platform merged with Disney+ Hotstar, the producers were reportedly informed that they could explore selling the film to other platforms.

Gulati alleged that the production house, Maddock Films, is holding out for a higher price. While he said he understands the commercial considerations, he questioned why alternative release strategies are not being considered. Referring to Luv Films’ recent release Vadh 2, which was originally commissioned for OTT but later released theatrically, Gulati asked why a similar approach could not be adopted for his film.

“They will never sell it unless they don't get the price they're looking for. The reality is, they are so consumed by big movies now that they don't care about the small films they have made,” he said.

Expressing his fears, Gulati added that he does not want Pooja Meri Jaan to meet the fate of Shoebite, directed by Shoojit Sircar, which remains unreleased despite years of discussion.

In a social media note shared in January last year, Gulati wrote about losing his father in November and described the lingering regret that he could not show him what he called his “life’s best work.” The post, tagged with actors Mrunal Thakur and Vikram Singh Chauhan, expressed hope that the film would eventually release.

As of now, the makers of Pooja Meri Jaan have not publicly responded to Gulati’s latest remarks.

Also Read: Maddock Films-backed Pooja Meri Jaan, Rumi Ki Sharafat, and Sarvagunn Sampanna face delays due to OTT valuation issues: Report



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/ZcMC5Am
via IFTTT

EXCLUSIVE: Vishal Bhardwaj reveals why Aamir Khan has been thanked in O'Romeo: “His suggestion changed so many things for me; wanted to thank Aamir from the BOTTOM of my heart”

Shahid Kapoor’s O'Romeo is having a decent run at the box office and is enjoying a good word of mouth. Moviegoers, who ventured out to see the film on the big screen, were surprised to see the mention of Aamir Khan in the opening disclaimer. Many expected that the superstar might have a cameo in the crime drama. However, Aamir is not present in the film and this made many moviegoers curious about his connection to O'Romeo.

Bollywood Hungama has learned the reason behind the special thanks to Aamir. Director Vishal Bhardwaj exclusively told us, “Aamir wanted to hear the script of O'Romeo. And when he heard it, he gave me this idea, that someone should be killed at a crucial point in the film.”

Vishal Bhardwaj further revealed, “Killing the lawyer Anjum Ansari (Resh Lamba) in the restaurant was his idea. This is the reason why I thanked him. This suggestion changed so many things for me. Because from there, the protagonist, Ustara (Shahid Kapoor) gets attracted towards the girl (Afshan, played by Triptii Dimri). He realizes, ‘Oh my God, she can do anything to exact revenge’. So, he starts taking her seriously and even nurses her back to health after she gets injured.”

Vishal Bhardwaj continued, “So, the whole love story starts from there. That was a big plot point for me. And that's why I wanted to thank Aamir from the bottom of my heart.”

Besides Shahid Kapoor, O'Romeo also stars Triptii Dimri, Nana Patekar and Avinash Tiwary while Vikrant Massey, Tamannaah Bhatia and Disha Patani feature in special appearances. It is produced by Sajid Nadiadwala. Incidentally, the enterprising and dashing producer celebrated his 60th birthday yesterday, on February 18.

As for Aamir Khan, he delivered the successful film, Sitaare Zameen Par (2025) last year and was also seen in an interesting cameo in Rajinikanth-starrer Coolie (2025). At present, he’s gearing up for Lahore 1947. While it features Sunny Deol and Preity Zinta in prominent roles, Aamir reportedly has an extended cameo. Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, it also stars Ali Fazal, Shabana Azmi and others. Recently, Aamir Khan Productions announced that Lahore 1947 will be released on August 13 this year. Before the partition saga, the banner will also release Ek Din on May 1. It stars Junaid Khan and marks the debut of South sensation Sai Pallavi in Hindi cinema.

Also Read: O’Romeo actor Kashyap Shangari writes an emotional letter to Vishal Bhardwaj: “To become a part of your cinema, I have gathered a lifetime’s worth of treasure”



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/CQP3Zzu
via IFTTT

Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Bhooth Bangla promo song to be attached to Dhurandhar: The Revenge: Report

A section of moviegoers is eagerly awaiting the reunion of Akshay Kumar and Priyadarshan in Bhooth Bangla, which is scheduled to release on April 10, 2026. While anticipation around the project continues to build, fans may soon get a glimpse into the film’s world.

Industry buzz suggests that a promotional song from Bhooth Bangla could be attached to Dhurandhar: The Revenge, which is slated to hit theatres on March 19.

According to a report by Mid-Day, a source said, “Akshay and Priyadarshan’s 2007 horror comedy Bhool Bhulaiyaa benefited immensely from its title song, ‘Teri Aankhein Bhool Bhulaiyaa’, which became wildly popular. So, this time, with Pritam having composed another song that has the potential to become a chartbuster, Ektaa felt it would catch on among listeners and create buzz around Bhooth Bangla. Attaching it to Dhurandhar: The Revenge made sense as it’s among the most awaited films.”

The source further added, “The song was filmed on a grand scale with Akshay and over 100 background dancers. Given the film’s theme, a set of a spooky mansion was built.”

However, there has been no official confirmation regarding the development. Audiences will likely have to wait until Dhurandhar: The Revenge releases in cinemas to see if the promotional strategy materialises.

It is also worth noting that Bhooth Bangla has seen multiple release date changes. The film was initially slated for April 3, 2026, before being postponed to May 15 to avoid the anticipated wave around Dhurandhar 2. The makers later finalised April 10, 2026, as the release date, ensuring a relatively comfortable window. Dhurandhar 2 is expected to clash with Yash’s Toxic at the box office.

For now, fans await official word on whether the promotional song will indeed be unveiled alongside Dhurandhar: The Revenge.

Also Read: Bhooth Bangla has no connection with Bhool Bhulaiyaa franchise, clarifies T-Series



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/tQqpNxk
via IFTTT

Sidharth Malhotra remembers father Sunil Malhotra in emotional note after his demise in Delhi: “Your integrity is my inheritance”

Actor Sidharth Malhotra is mourning the loss of his father, Sunil Malhotra, who passed away in Delhi on February 14. The actor shared the news with his followers through a heartfelt message on social media, accompanied by a series of family photographs reflecting moments from the past.

In his note, Sidharth described his father as a man defined by principle and quiet resilience. “He was a man of rare honesty, integrity and culture. He lived by values that never bent. Discipline without harshness. Strength without ego. Positivity, even when life tested him beyond measure,” he wrote.

Sunil Malhotra had served as a Merchant Navy Captain and, according to reports, had been unwell for some time. Sidharth acknowledged his father’s determination through illness, recalling the strength he displayed even after a stroke left him wheelchair-bound. “From commanding the seas as a Merchant Navy Captain to facing illness with quiet courage, he never compromised, never lost his grace. Even when the stroke confined him to a wheelchair, his spirit stood tall,” the actor shared.

Concluding his tribute, Sidharth expressed gratitude for the values he inherited from his father. “Papa, your integrity is my inheritance. Your strength guides me every day. Your positivity still holds this family together. You left us peacefully in your sleep, but the space you leave behind is immeasurable. I am who I am because of you. And I will carry your name, your values and your light forward always. Love you Dad.”

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Sidharth Malhotra (@sidmalhotra)

Members of the film fraternity extended their condolences in the comments section. Actress Rakul Preet Singh wrote, “May he be in a better place .. sending lots of love and strength to you and your family.” Soni Razdan commented, “This is so sad - so sorry for your loss. Losing a father is really hard. Take care of your mom and yourself.” Filmmaker Karan Johar and actors including Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra Jonas were among others who offered their support.

Fans also flooded social media with messages of sympathy, standing by the actor during this difficult time.

On the professional front, Sidharth was last seen in Param Sundari alongside Janhvi Kapoor. He is set to appear next in Vvan – Force of the Forest opposite Tamannaah Bhatia.

Also Read: Sidharth Malhotra and Tamannaah Bhatia likely to film a folklore dance sequence for Vvan in Mumbai



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/xp6bdRf
via IFTTT

Monday, February 16, 2026

Rajpal Yadav gets temporary relief: Delhi High Court grants bail in Rs. 9 crores cheque bounce case to attend family wedding

Veteran Bollywood actor Rajpal Yadav has received temporary relief from the Delhi High Court in the long-running Rs. 9 crores cheque bounce case that has resurfaced dramatically in February 2026. The court has suspended his sentence, granting him bail to attend a family wedding on February 19, even as legal proceedings against him continue.

Recent reports suggest that the actor is supposed to attend his niece’s wedding due to which the court reached this decision. While the latest bail order offers temporary relief, it does not amount to a final acquittal. The actor has been directed to remain present—physically or virtually—at the next major hearing scheduled for March 18, 2026.

The case traces its origins back to 2010, when Yadav borrowed Rs. 5 crores from Murali Projects Pvt Ltd, a Delhi-based company, to finance his directorial debut, Ata Pata Laapata. Released in 2012, the film failed to perform at the box office, leaving the actor unable to repay the loan. The financial dispute soon escalated into multiple cheque-bounce cases. Over the years, accumulated interest and penalties reportedly pushed the total outstanding amount to nearly Rs. 9 crores.

In 2018, Yadav was sentenced to six months in prison and served three months in Tihar Jail before being released on bail pending appeal. However, the matter regained urgency this month after the High Court observed that the actor had breached multiple undertakings to settle the dues.

On February 2, 2026, the court noted that despite more than 25 adjournments granted for mediation and repayment discussions, there was a lack of “sincere and genuine measures” taken to clear the liability. Following the refusal to grant further extensions, Yadav surrendered on February 5 and was sent back to Tihar Jail to serve the remainder of his sentence.

During subsequent hearings on February 12 and 16, Justice Swarana Kanta Sharma underscored that restitution for the complainant remains the court’s top priority. The bench rejected a proposal to deposit funds via a Fixed Deposit Receipt (FDR), directing that payments be made through a Demand Draft (DD) to ensure immediate realization of funds.

Amid these developments, members of the film fraternity reportedly stepped forward to extend financial support. As of mid-February, Yadav’s legal team informed the court that approximately Rs. 1.5 crore had been deposited into the respondent’s bank account.

All eyes are now on whether Yadav can make substantial progress in settling the remaining dues before the case reaches its next decisive stage.

Also Read: Rajpal Yadav is still in Tihar jail; wife Radha dismisses release rumours: “We are hopeful that he will be out soon”



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/1LAgKvW
via IFTTT

Akshaye Khanna or Nawazuddin Siddiqui to play villain in Tumbbad 2? Here’s what we know!

Few actors in Hindi cinema command the kind of quiet menace and psychological depth that Akshaye Khanna and Nawazuddin Siddiqui bring to morally complex roles. Whether it is Khanna’s recent turn as a formidable antagonist in Chhaava and his layered negative performance in Dhurandhar, or Siddiqui’s long-standing reputation for portraying unpredictable, grey-shaded characters, both actors have consistently elevated narratives with their intensity.

It is perhaps no surprise, then, that industry chatter suggests their names are being actively discussed for the primary antagonist in Tumbbad 2. A Villain to Match the Myth According to a report by Mid-Day, the sequel hinges heavily on its negative lead. “A powerful antagonist is central to the narrative of Tumbbad 2. The team is keen on elevating the sequel with a layered and formidable negative lead,” the report quoted a source as saying. “Akshaye Khanna and Nawazuddin Siddiqui are two names currently being discussed. Their ability to portray morally complex, unpredictable characters makes them compelling choices for the world of Tumbbad.”

The makers are reportedly looking for more than just a conventional villain. The aim is to craft a character who is psychologically dense and morally ambiguous — someone capable of standing toe-to-toe with Sohum Shah’s brooding presence in the expanding mythological universe.

The speculation comes at a time when Tumbbad 2 is gaining significant momentum. After officially joining forces with Pen Studios, led by Jayantilal Gada, the sequel is being positioned as a large-scale cinematic venture. Originally released in 2018, Tumbbad evolved from a sleeper success into a cult phenomenon celebrated globally for its atmospheric storytelling rooted in greed and folklore. Its 2024 re-release further expanded its audience base.

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Anand Gandhi opens up on Tumbbad 2: “NONE of the original creators, including me, are involved in the sequel; it’s HARD to see it as a true continuation…I hope it respects the sentiments of the fans”



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/ybL4J9m
via IFTTT

Dhurandhar 2 shoot lands Aditya Dhar’s banner in trouble, BMC seeks permanent blacklisting: Report

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has initiated strict action against filmmaker Aditya Dhar’s production banner, B62 Studios, over alleged violations during the Mumbai shoot of Dhurandhar: The Revenge. According to a report by The Indian Express, the civic body has recommended permanent blacklisting of the production house from seeking future filming permissions, citing repeated breaches of conditions.

According to officials from the BMC’s A ward office, a letter has been sent to the Deputy Municipal Commissioner (Zone 1) proposing that B62 Studios be barred from applying for shooting permissions through the state-run portal managed by the Maharashtra Film, Stage and Cultural Development Corporation Limited. Alleged Violations During February Shoot The controversy stems from a shoot conducted between February 7 and 8 in South Mumbai, specifically between Modi Street and Perin Nariman Street in A ward. Permission for the schedule had been granted on January 30 through the state film corporation.

However, authorities allege that the production team violated police conditions that explicitly prohibited the use of crackers and flammable materials on set.

Following these alleged breaches, a subsequent application was submitted by Komal Pokhriyal seeking permission to shoot on February 13 and 14. Citing earlier violations, officials cancelled the request. Second Incident and Seizure of Torches A fresh application was later filed for filming between 12:30 am and 4:00 am on February 14. This time, conditional approval was granted after the applicants assured authorities that no flammable materials would be used.

Despite this undertaking, police reportedly received complaints around 12:45 am on February 14 regarding the use of flammable torches during filming. A senior BMC official stated that civic officers reached the spot within 15 minutes and seized five lit torches from the location.

After the second alleged violation, the applicants reportedly informed authorities that fire-related visuals would instead be created using visual effects (VFX). Proposed Penalties and Blacklisting In addition to recommending permanent blacklisting, the civic body has proposed a fine of Rs 1 lakh for allegedly shooting on a building terrace and deploying two generator vans without proper authorisation. The Rs 25,000 security deposit submitted by the applicant has also been forfeited.

The A ward office has further sought approval to formally register the seized items and proceed with penalties against the applicants — Komal Pokhriyal, Nashir Khan — along with B62 Studios.

If approved, the action would prevent the production house and named applicants from securing future filming permissions through the state film corporation portal.

Also Read: Raveena Tandon on calling Yami Gautam after watching Dhurandhar:’Sorry, I am the biggest fan of your husband’



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/GOv7V9n
via IFTTT